Lift Kids Haiti
Haiti, Port Au Prince and surrounding areas.
School for those who cannot afford to go.
Churches geared towards teaching kids the Word of God, but everyone in the community is welcome.
The Word of God puts a high priority on kids because they are near to God's heart and we believe that He is uniquely concerned about their spiritual welfare. It is the heart of Lift Kids Haiti to teach the Word of God to kids and to meet the spiritual and physical needs of as many people as possible. Lift Kids Haiti is a ministry that brings hope and help to Haiti by lifting up the name of Jesus and giving food, Bibles, education, clothes, and shoes to those in need. Currently there are four powerful Lift Kids Churches that meet each week. God has been using Lift Kids Haiti to bring the love of Jesus Christ to the kids of Haiti. With the foundation of a relationship with God and training in Biblical principles for life, kids are equipped to live victorious lives for Christ.
• Common language spoken is Kreole, and the business language is French.
• Location: Caribbean, Western one-third of the Island of Hispaniola, between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, West of the Dominican Replublic.
• Area: 27,750 Sq Km - Approximately the size of the State of Maryland.
• Climate: Average temperature is 81 degrees.
• Population: 8.9 million (Approximately 1.4 million in the capitol of Port-aux-Prince).
• Infant mortality rate: 62.3 deaths per 1000 live births (8.26 in the USA).
• Life expectancy: 57 years (77.8 years in the USA).
• Literacy: Only 52.9% of those older than 15 can read and write.
• Soccer is the most popular sport.
• 80% of Haitians say they are Catholic.
There is a lot of evil in Haiti with voodoo so intertwined in the culture. Corruption and oppression is common place.
Transportation is a problem, because even with a working car there are places we need to go and preach, but it requires walking long distances with supplies in the sun.
The suffering of the people is almost overwhelming.
To see the communities we are working in become communities of love where they are self-sufficient and work with and help each other, all based on the Word of God.
We long to see people living for the Lord filled with the Spirit and seeking the Kingdom of God and working with their hands to better their world.
We long to see the Haitian people rise up and be all that God has created them to be. To see this happen we are working to teach the people the Word and educate them in schools and we are hoping to help communities to plant and farm more food and to raise animals to eat and sell.
Consistent monthly supporters.
A way to have things shipped to Haiti.
Wisdom and favor.
For the people to seek God and His righteousness and that they would know the Love of God and be free from every wicked thing.
That Haiti would be far from oppression.
That the Name of Jesus will be lifted high all across Haiti and His will be done.